Sunday, March 9, 2014

Pineapple Salsa Chicken

I have finally decided to dive into the Crock Pot World!!

I browsed through pinterest before I came across this delicious recipe...
http://thefrugalgirls.com/2013/10/crockpot-pineapple-salsa-chicken-recipe.html

I continued to browse through The Frugal Girls blog (which is one of my most favorite blogs), wrote up my grocery list and dragged the hubby to the store!

The Crock pot Pineapple Salsa Chicken caught my eye in particular because my husband could probably eat his weight in pineapples and in salsa and I decided to pair this recipe with white rice (also hubby's favorite). The only thing I did different from the given recipe from the link above, was cut the recipe serving size in half, since its just my hubby and I. This dish was more than just amazing! This Crock pot recipe is definitely a pinerest WIN! 

What you'll need and the recipe measurements for a dinner for two are...
-Smucker's Pineapple preserves, 9 oz.
-Chunky salsa, 8 oz.
-Chicken, 2-3 boneless, skinless breast
-Crock pot
-Crock pot bag *optional


What you need to do is...
-Cook Chicken in crock pot for 3 hours
-After 3 hours, drain juices and mix salsa and pineapple preserves
-Pour mixture into crock pot
-Cook on HIGH for 30 minutes
-Serve on a bed of rice and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment