Sunday, March 2, 2014

DIY Blackberry Icing Sugar Scrub

As usual, I was browing pinterest for a DIY gift idea and stumbled upon several DIY sugar srubs that seemed simpleand decided to try it out. I took a few different recipes and came up with my own for my own personal preferences. IT WAS LOVE AT FIRST SCRUB! I just had to share this wonderful gift idea that any friend or family member would love. My mom and mother-in-law loved their's! This Blackberry Icing Recipe I made as a birthday gift for a friend of mine.
For the jar I recycled a candle I had gotten from Walmart. To get any extra wax from the old candle out I boiled water and poured it into the jar, almost filling it. I normally would leave it over night and the water will melt the extra wax and it will rise to the top and dry ontop of the water. Then you just pull the wax out and wash jar.


All you need is 4 ingredients (5 is you choose to use food color for pretty presentation).
2 cups Granulated Sugar
1 cup Coconut oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
10 drops of Blackberry Essential oil
20 drops of Vanilla Essential oil
3 drops purple food coloring (optional) 


Step 1: Mix all ingredients into mixing bowl all together, stir until throughly mixed.
Step 2: Spoon mixture into jar
Step 3: Seal jar with lid and put into freezer for 20 minutes
Step 4: Take jar out and fluff sugar scrub mixture. I personally with spoon it back into the bowl to stir, it will be a little hard.
Step 4: Decorate jar with ribbon. Another idea is to add a tag with the Sugar Scrub scent on it.
Step 5: Spoon sugar scrub back into jar.

Keep in area under 75 degrees, if mixture melts and the ingredients separate just put back into freezer for 15-20 mintues.

No comments:

Post a Comment