Sunday, February 23, 2014

Disney Themed "Mani in a Jar"

For Christmas of 2013, my husband and I were running on a very tight gift budget mainly because most of our money had to be spent traveling between both families for the holidays and since we are both from a VERY big families our gift list was 25 people long! So I took on the task of doing all homemade gifts. Seems impossible right? Especially when you work a full time job that also requires you to travel (sometimes even out of state). I started to think it was a bad idea half way through myself! But where there is a will theres a way!

One of the easier DIY gifts I did was "Mani in a jar". I found several different ways and ideas for this DIY gift on Pinterest and these are very customizable for any occasion. I made some for my sister-in-laws and one for my best friend.  I also wanted each one to be personalized so it didnt seem like they were all getting the same gifts, so I decided to pick a disney character for each girl and they turned out very cute! I ended up getting most of the supplies and jar contents I need at Dollar General, including the mason jars, and I only spent $5 on each "Mani in a Jar".

Here's what you will need...
-Mason jar
-paint
-ribbon
-sharpies

...and here are the "Mani in a jar" contents...
-10 cotton balls
-4 q-tips
-nail filer
-nail clippers
-2 color coordinating nail polish
...and you can add other things to personalize more like nail designs, nail pens, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment